College of American Pathologists
CISO, College of American Pathologists
I focus on a proactive approach for key areas, which can provide increased security and resiliency. Focusing on specific control areas provides scalability and integration for broader information security deployment within organizations.
My experience consulting with organizations, corporate and non-profit, navigate the new digital frontier advising on cyber security issues and building technology strategies that drive performance and business value. I have led and managed implementations for organizations in a wide variety of industries, Global 2000, Fortune 1000, small and medium organizations. The information security frameworks applications have received multi-year certifications. I have participated as an invited speaker at Chicago-area business organizations and universities providing thought leadership on the state of cyber security, technology risk, IT management leadership, and digital careers of the future. Currently I volunteer Developing National Occupational Frameworks for Registered Apprenticeship Programs in Cybersecurity with the Urban Institute in Washington D.C. and Harper College Workforce and Economic Development.
- CISO – College of American Pathologists (CAP), one of the largest medical organizations
Providing information security framework alignment, global regulatory compliance, controls implementation, and team leadership
- 25+ years in IT (consulted at 65 companies: Fortune 200, small to large enterprises)
- Implemented frameworks for 10 years
- Program IT Security Consultant – global investment and advisory financial firm with 250 Billion under management
- GE Capital Program Manager – 43 Million dollar regulatory project, Mergers, and Acquisitions (M&A) for business sale
- Program IT Security Consultant – global trading firm with 7 Trillion trading management
- Security Framework Implementation – 15 businesses in Capital Markets
- IT engineering team management: Enterprise Systems Security Program, System Architecture – Servers, SAN, VMware, Databases, Mobility and Software
Education and certifications:
- Member – ISACA, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), TDWI (All Things Data) – Board Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Bachelors in Engineering – EE/CS